Pugh’s Earthworks has Operations in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi
Many parts of the country including the Mid-South, have had a very cool and wet May. However, it will not be long until the dry hot weather makes it critical to practice effective Summer Watering. Pugh’s Earthworks is one of the largest commercial landscape design, installation and maintenance firms in the Mid-South area. Our clients include some of the premier office buildings, hotels, hospitals, churches and cemeteries in the cities we operate. In addition to the commercial customers we serve, we also provide landscape services for Homeowners Associations (HOAs), Condo Owners Associations (COA’s) and individual residential homeowners.
A properly designed Commercial Landscape Sprinkler system, like the ones designed and installed by the Pugh’s Earthworks Certified Landscape Technicians, will ensure that the lawn and plants on your property receive the exact amount of water during the summer. Protecting these plants is important as it is expensive to replace them. During the summer months, the hot weather and intense sunlight are tough for summer plants and lawns to take. That is why we often refresh both with extra water. However, there is still a need to water wisely during these hot months to be careful with water and get the maximum impact from your watering without wasting any of this precious resource.
Below are some tips on how to water wisely to use less water as well as give your plants and lawn just the right amount:
- Water weekly: Pick one day a week to water your lawn and plants, preferably a time in the morning or evening where the sun and heat won’t evaporate it too quickly. You may need to adjust it should there be summer thunderstorms or if you notice a better time where the water sticks around.
- Water deeply: Before you overwater, it’s important to understand what this means and how much deeply involves. Check the soil and see if water has permeated the top six inches of clay soil or eight to 12 inches if you have loamy soil. Make sure the water is not stagnating on the top as this could mean your soil is compacted and it may lead to plant rot. Think long, soaking rain rather than many several quick sprinkles.
- Water when plants are ready: Plants will tell you when they are thirsty. Leaves will wilt or droop. The leaves may also yellow, curl up, or drop off. That means they really could use some water.
- Water in the morning: By focusing your plant and lawn watering on this point in the day, it gives the plants and lawn a way to fill up on water they can use throughout the day.
- Water plants when they need it: Besides when they are thirsty, there are other times where a plant or lawn may most need water. This includes giving more water to baby seedlings and transplants to help them because their root systems are not yet developed and acclimated to the soil. Another group of plants that need water more is those found in vegetable gardens. This includes pods that are forming on beans, fruit that is forming on summer squash or zucchini, and tomatoes that are flowering.
- Help conserve water in the soil: Take steps to keep the water in place for the week by adding a layer of mulch. This also maintains a steady ground temperature and keeps it from heating up. Compost also improves the soil to hold water so add organic matter like leaves, grass, garden trimmings, and vegetable peelings.
When you Contact Pugh’s Earthworks for a free consultation on your Commercial Property, you will be making good use of your time. Our team of professional experts will assess your needs and design the best sprinkler system to maximize the watering effectiveness during the upcoming hot summer months. Not to mention we offer the best ongoing Commercial Landscaping Monthly Maintenance Program in the Mid-South Region.
Pugh’s Earthworks Commercial Landscape Expertise including proper Summer Watering
Our headquarters is in Memphis, Tennessee. We operate other landscape facilities in Mississippi and Arkansas. The Jackson, Tennessee location can be reached via the contact form below, or by calling (866) 207-4734. If you are seeking assistance with Landscaping or Lawn Maintenance services, please give us a call or send us a message via the contact form below. We provide FREE Estimates
We are a family owned and operated landscape and lawn maintenance firm. Our company takes immense pride in the work we do. Pugh’s Earthworks has big company size and strength, but we focus on maintaining our small company values. We guarantee the work we perform and our attention to detail is second to none. Our best source of new clients has always been via recommendations from current and previous clients. Take a look at the customer testimonials we have received.
Pugh’s Earthworks was originally started by Mark Pugh. Our firm has been in business since 1992. Over the past 25 years, we have grown rapidly. In all that time and throughout all that growth, we have remained true to our motto, Big Company Strength, Small Company Values! Regardless of the size of the client we are working for, our staff will deliver the best possible service, while treating each client with the utmost of respect. In a word, “We Love Our Customers” and “We Appreciate The Opportunity To Serve.”
Contact us today to find out what we can do for your commercial landscape!
Phone: (866) 207-4734