Pugh’s Earthworks is the premier industrial landscape design firm in the area. We have over 100 years of combined experience in Industrial Landscape Design, and we have helped hundreds of clients create a beautiful environment for their business. Our consultants are experts in creating landscapes that are functional, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing to both employees and visitors alike.
Landscape Design Services
• Industrial Landscape Design Certification
• Landscape Design Consultation
• Landscape Design Process
• Landscape Design Cost
The Benefits of Industrial Landscaping:
Industrial landscaping is a way to transform your property into an efficient work environment while also improving the aesthetics of it. By adding greenery and other plants, you can create a space that is more pleasant for workers to spend time in and will help them feel better mentally as well; this can lead to increased productivity, which means higher profits! Industrial landscaping can also be used to create a more secure property. By making the area around your building look less like an industrial space and more like a park, you may deter people from coming in who do not belong there. A well-designed landscape can also help prevent theft and other crimes: if someone sees that there are plants everywhere, they might think twice about trying to break into your warehouse!
Industrial landscaping is a simple way to improve the aesthetics of your property and the productivity of your workers. By adding greenery and other plants, you can create a space that is more pleasant for workers to spend time in and will help them feel better mentally as well; this can lead to increased productivity, which means higher profits! Industrial landscaping can also be used to create a more secure property. By making the area around your building look less like an industrial space and more like a park, you may deter people from coming in who do not belong there.
Industrial Landscape Design Certification
Industrial landscape design certification is a designation offered by the International Council for Horticultural Research (ICHR). It differs from other certifications because it focuses on industrial land and how to make it more attractive, rather than on individual plants or flowers. Industrial landscapes can be found anywhere from airports to factories and warehouses, so there are many opportunities for this type of certification to be useful in your career. The benefit of taking this exam is that it will give you valuable knowledge about designing landscapes for industrial sites. Plus, having an ICHR-certified landscape designer on staff can help increase visibility for your company or organization!
The ICHR-certified industrial landscape designer exam is a proctored, computer-based test that consists of six sections:
- An introduction to industrial landscapes and design
- Landscape design for specific industry sectors
- Site analysis for industrial landscapes
- Design concepts for specific industries
- Implementation of landscape designs
- Case studies in industrial landscape design
What is Industrial Landscape Design?
Industrial landscape design is the process of designing, planning and building industrial sites. It includes planning for safety, aesthetics, functionality and sustainability. Industrial landscape design is a specialized field that requires knowledge of soil science, civil engineering and plant science. Industrial land uses include manufacturing plants; warehouse distribution centers; research facilities; airports; military bases (e.g., airfields); ports/harbors with shipping terminals or storage yards; power stations including coal-fired power plants (e.g., strip mines), hydroelectric dams (e.g., reservoir dams), nuclear reactors (e.g., cooling towers); commercial facilities including retail malls and office buildings; residential communities (e.g., housing developments)landfill sites; and recreational areas such as parks and golf courses.
The steps of the industrial landscape design process are as follows:
- Landscape Design Steps Explained
- Identify project goals and objectives.
- Conduct a site analysis and prepare a site plan, including existing conditions, proposed improvements and conceptual plans for future development (if applicable).
- Determine the use of natural resources on-site such as water bodies, wetlands or other sensitive environments; assess what potential impacts exist from these resources; determine if they require protection during construction activities (e.g., noise pollution reduction techniques). This step also includes identifying existing vegetation types, if necessary, in order to develop a concept plan that meets the client’s needs without compromising ecosystem health or air quality standards required by local regulations governing landscaping projects within industrial complexes.
- Develop a design concept for the project based on the goals and objectives identified. The design should consider factors such as aesthetics, functionality and sustainability (if required). This includes working with contractors or professionals who specialize in these areas to ensure their input is included in the final landscaping plan. Finalize the design and develop a final scope of work for the project. This may include creating construction drawings, specifications or other documents required by local authorities or clients. The design should also include estimates (if applicable) for all materials needed to complete the project; these can be used as part of bidding process if necessary.
Industrial Landscape Design Consultation
Industrial landscape design is a process. It begins with a free consultation, where we will work with you to understand your needs and goals for the project. This step is critical because it will help us make informed decisions about what solutions are best for your property. A good industrial landscape designer should be able to explain every aspect of their design recommendations in detail–and if they cannot, then something is probably wrong!
Once we have come up with a plan, we will get to work on creating it. The first step is to remove any existing vegetation and debris from the site. Then we’ll install drainage systems, irrigation lines, and concrete slabs for any new buildings or parking lots you need. After we have installed everything, we will begin planting. This is where our experience as professional landscapers really come in handy!
We will use our knowledge of plants’ requirements to choose the right ones for your property. For example, if it rains a lot in your area and you have an impermeable surface like concrete or asphalt, then it wouldn’t be wise to plant grass instead, you could plant drought-tolerant plants or even create a rain garden that will catch runoff from your roof. However, if it is not too hot in your area and you have good soil drainage, then you might consider putting in a lawn.
Industrial Landscape Design Benefits
• Reduce maintenance costs.
• Increase productivity.
• Improve morale and employee satisfaction.
• Reduce absenteeism, worker health issues and employee retention rates by providing a healthier work environment for your employees to work in.
• Improve customer satisfaction by providing them with a clean, safe and attractive environment for their business or home to operate in.
We are the premier industrial landscape design firm in the area. We have helped many businesses reach their goals and we can do the same for you. Pugh’s Earthworks has been in business for over 30 years, and our team of highly trained professionals is ready to help you create the industrial landscape design of your dreams. We are a certified industrial landscape design company with an extensive range of experience in this field. With Pugh’s Earthworks as your partner, you can rest assured that your project will be completed on time and on budget while delivering results that exceed expectations.
Pugh’s Earthworks Offers Expert Industrial Landscape Design
Pugh’s Earthworks is one of the Mid South’ s leading commercial landscape and lawn maintenance firms. We serve commercial clients in the state of Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. Our firm offers affordable monthly landscape and lawn maintenance service packages. We employ more than 200 employees. Many of our employees have professional certifications and degrees in horticulture, landscape design and lawn maintenance. Pugh’s Earthworks has offices in Memphis, Nashville, Southaven, Jackson and Little Rock. Clients include HOA’s, COA’s, Apartments, Condominiums, Office Buildings, Hospitals, Cemeteries and many Retail Shopping Centers.
Pugh’s Earthworks Industrial Landscape Design
We operate 5 landscape centers, in 3 states.
Our headquarters is in Memphis, Tennessee. We also operate landscape offices in Nashville, Jackson TN, Southaven MS and Little Rock AR. Our firm provides monthly grounds maintenance services for commercial clients. If you are seeking assistance with Landscaping or Lawn Maintenance services, please give us a call or send us a message via the contact form below. We do offer FREE Estimates.
Phone: (866) 207-4734