Commercial Property owners spend thousands of dollars on irrigation systems. These are vital to keep the property lawns, trees, flower beds and shrubs from dying during the hot summer months or during periods of severe drought. The expert landscape technicians at Pugh’s Earthworks are trained to help commercial property irrigation systems stay in superior working order. This includes winterizing so that pipes do not break causing property damage and expensive repairs.
Winterizing irrigation systems is not as important obviously if the property is in say South Florida where temperatures rarely get to or below freezing. However, for a vast portion of the US, this is a necessary procedure. A good general rule is that if you feel or if the meteorologists in your region are forecasting sustained long periods of freezing temperatures, it is a good idea to call in the Pugh’s Earthworks professionals for a consultation.
Some good rules of thumb or guidelines to help you decide to winterize or not are:
- How intricate is your system? Like automobiles for example. Some are basic no frills models while others have all sorts of fancy electronics and gadgets. Irrigation systems can also be basic or very complicated with very expensive parts and accessories. Sometimes these parts are hard to find and usually quite expensive to replace.
- How large is your system? Depending on the property type, for example a retail shopping center or industrial park may be massive and have a huge irrigation system. Your certainly may not want to risk the expense of repairs to a large irrigation system. Conversely if your property is smaller then perhaps you need to weigh the risk of the winterization process time and cost.
- How old is your system? Older systems often have parts that are hard to come by or even obsolete. Not winterizing an older system may be a huge risk.
At the end of the day, the decision to winterize your irrigation system or not is a personal one. When you consider the value of your project, it makes sense to hire a Pugh’s Earthworks Certified Landscape Technician. These skilled professionals can take you through all phases of your project. From plant science, soil science, landscape design, irrigation design and installation, computer-aided drafting, pesticide and fertilizer application, plant and tree care, you will be served by the best in the industry!
Winterizing a irrigation system with pressurized air to clear out water
Whether you are managing commercial, industrial, institutional, government, multi-family, or retail property, Pugh’s Earthworks is your trusted partner, providing comprehensive landscaping and lawn services. These services include tree and shrub care, lawn and bed maintenance, planting and trimming, weeding, and pest control.
Here are some of the commercial services we offer to keep your commercial property looking great across all four seasons:
- Commercial Landscaping: Serving more than 300 commercial clients, we provide landscape design, installation, and maintenance in Memphis as well as Nashville, TN; Southaven, MS; Jackson, TN; and Little Rock, AK. This includes services for apartments, condominiums, shopping centers, office buildings, cemeteries, hospitals, and hotels and motels. This service also includes changing out beds with seasonal flowers and plants, weed management, and irrigation services. We tailor each of our commercial landscaping services to our clients’ needs and budget.
- Lawn Service: Our commercial lawn service includes mowing, pruning, trimming, lawn feeding and fertilizing, and leaf blowing. The goal is to provide you with a beautiful, lush lawn that enhances the look of your commercial property throughout the year.
- Pest Control: Certified technicians provide pest control solutions that prevent, eliminate, and exclude pests from commercial properties. This includes pests like mosquitos, flies, bedbugs, rodents, roaches, spiders and ants. We only use EPA-approved, environmentally-friendly pest control products.
Not only are one of the largest commercial landscape and lawn services in the Memphis area, but we also differentiate ourselves through our personal service experience; friendly, knowledgeable team of technicians, value-based pricing, and responsive service. Also, we offer free quotes on our monthly services and extended service plans.
Contact us today to schedule your quote and see how our commercial landscape, lawn, and pest control services can give you peace of mind and confidence that everyone that sees your properties admires how they look.
Contact us today to find out what we can do for your commercial landscape!
Phone: (866) 207-4734