Spring is the season for rebirth and renewal, and that includes animals and insects along with grass, plants, and flowers.
While that is good overall, all those insects can wreak havoc on your commercial landscape. These pests include fleas and ticks, mosquitos, flies, ants, cockroaches, and termites.
This is the season to start with your insect control strategies, which can help how much pest control work you have to do the rest of the year. Here are some tips for spring insect control:
- Store and dispose of food and waste properly, including any bins located around your commercial property. Keep these bins tightly closed and empty them daily.
- Control moisture and standing water around your commercial property. High humidity contributes to pest egg production. Fix any leaks and clear out gutters and downspouts. Also, trim tall grass and remove any wet or decaying wood.
- Inspect perimeter areas around your commercial property for areas that may ideal for insects to breed and live. Treat these areas first.
- Trim back trees and shrubs touching your commercial building as insects like to live there. If there are any fruit trees, clean these up because ants and other insects love the fruit.
- Keep all areas of your commercial property as clean as possible. Insects like debris and trash so remove all brush piles, excess leaves, and trash.
- Avoid mulch because insects love its warmth and moisture. The mulch should be used sparingly or not at all.
- Partner with Rosie’s Pest Control, which as part of Pugh’s Earthworks, has pest control services. This can help by regularly treating all lawn and landscape areas to limit any insects or pests.
Contact us now to find out how we can reduce and even eliminate insects now so you don’t have to deal with them throughout the year. By getting control of pests now, there will be less work to do the rest of the year.