Big Company Strength and Small Company Values!
Pugh’s Earthworks was originally started by Mark Pugh. Our firm has been in business since 1992. Over the past 25 years, we have grown rapidly. In all that time and throughout all that growth, we have remained true to our motto, Big Company Strength, Small Company Values! Regardless of the size of the client we are working for, our staff will deliver the best possible service, while treating each client with the utmost of respect. In a word, “We Love Our Customers” and “We Appreciate The Opportunity To Serve.”
We are now one of the Mid South’ s leading commercial landscape installation and maintenance companies. Pugh’s Earthworks provides the highest quality landscaping services available. We are Memphis landscape maintenance experts. Our team is committed to acting with the utmost of integrity with our business operations and for clients and the communities we serve. Every job we do is backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
January is a great month to use the services of Pugh’s Earthworks to prepare for the growing season!
January is one of the coldest months of the year and landscaping is not always top of mind. However, there is much that can be done during this cold winter time to prepare for spring and a productive growing season.
Pugh’s Earthworks understands this and focuses on the things that help to keep them a top performing landscaping firm. This knowledge comes from being in the industry for over 25 years and the continual learning through landscape certification programs and trade publications. Some of the important landscaping actions to take in January are below:
- Tool Maintenance – Sharp blades on mowing equipment is key to a more beautiful and healthy lawn. The Pugh’s Earthworks landscaping technicians work on the mowers to make sure blades are sharpened or replaced if needed. In addition, time is spent making sure all landscaping tools are cleaned and lubricated. Tools include not just mowers but also, pruners, loppers, leaf blowers and weed eaters. Dirt left on tools can eventually lead to spreading soil diseases to the landscape and also cause deterioration of the tools.
- Pruning – Not something that is always commonly considered is pruning shrubs and trees during the winter months. However, this is actually a good time as the plants and trees are in dormancy. This action makes the plants healthier plus it can be a time saver when Spring finally arrives. Also, for those that live in parts of the country that receive heavy snowfall, brushing the snow off of the branches prior to it freezing can protect the plants from breakage or permanent disfiguration of the shrub or tree.
- Fertilize – January is a good time to put down food for the lawn as well as herbicide for weed and disease prevention. This is also a good time to place fertilizer around the drip line of trees. They need fuel just like the grass and proper placement and use of fertilizer in the winter will ensure trees are healthy and strong.
- Landscape Design – During the winter months is a great time to hire a landscape design technician and start charting the landscape dream for your commercial property. The certified Pugh’s Earthworks landscape designers will work tirelessly with our customers to draft the exact landscape design to address every commercial client’s desires. Every aspect of your landscape will be addressed including proper plants, irrigation, lighting and environmental efficiency.
Pugh’s Earthworks has been providing commercial landscaping services since 1992. We specialize is landscape and lawn maintenance for commercial customers. Currently we serve more than 300 commercial clients. Our firm is one of the largest landscape and lawn maintenance firms in Memphis. We also operate similar operations in Nashville TN, Southaven MS, Jackson TN and Little Rock AR. Our award winning team services apartments, condominiums, shopping centers, office buildings and complexes, cemeteries, hospitals, hotels and motels and other commercial facilities.
Pugh’s Earthworks has many clients that opted into a comprehensive landscape and lawn maintenance program. Our programs can be tailored to meet the specific and unique needs to each property. They are affordable and ensure that the appearance of your property will always be fresh and beautiful.
Our Quality Assurance Guarantee
Pugh’s Earthworks offers an excellent quality assurance program. We are licensed and insured and stand behind all of the work that we perform with our quality assurance guarantee.
- Quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Quality is conformance to the customer’s requirements.
- We believe every job can be improved.
- Every idea is treated with the utmost respect.
- We realize that improvement must be an on-the-job process.
It is the goal of Pugh’s Earthworks to provide our customers, both internal and external, with services, which meet or exceed their expectations.
We recognize that one of the most important assets we possess, enabling us to achieve this goal, is our professional staff. We strongly encourage all of our people to take the pride of ownership in all the work they do.
To this end we commit ourselves to strive in all we do for total customer satisfaction.
TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Management guarantees that ongoing support of these goals is our highest priority. We must never lose sight that customer satisfaction is a direct measure of our performance.
Working together as a team, making use of all our talents and expertise, we will accomplish our objective.
Thank you for reading our blog. Please visit us and let Pugh’s Earthworks handle all of your professional landscaping needs!