Like many other processes, commercial landscaping is a year round task. Each season renders different needs for plants, trees and lawns. When you hire a professional commercial landscaping company with the skills offered by Pugh’s Earthworks, you can rest assured that your commercial property will be kept in pristine condition year round.
Now that fall has arrived and the weather is changing, it is time to take a more in-depth look at fall commercial lawn care services and what that involves. The fall commercial lawn care service includes seeding, dethatching, aerating, over-seeding, and fertilizing.
- Mowing -This is the time to start decreasing the height of your lawnmower. You will want to end up somewhere around an inch and a half high on your lawn height. The frequency of mowing is also determined by how fast the grass grows during this time. Take one-third of the blade or less. Also, it is better to mow in the evening so the sun is not beating down on it.
- Weeding – By this point, the weeds should be disappearing. There may be a few stragglers left to take care of before winter sets in and they completely go away.
- Trees and Shrubs -This is the time to also pay attention to trees and shrubs as well as the lawn, doing deep root fertilization. This provides your landscape with the essential nutrients it needs for the winter.
- Raking – It is very important to remove all leaves that have built up on your lawn. If you leave them, they will decompose and use up any soil moisture plus invite insects to your lawn. This will all cause damage, including dead spots on the lawn that will be a welcome home for weeds in the springtime.
- Aerating – Because lawns become compacted over time, this can reduce air pockets that are necessary pathways for nutrients and water to reach grass roots. That is why aeration becomes an annual event that is usually done in the fall. It loosens up the soil, returning those air pockets to the lawn.
- Over Seeding – Adding more seeds to your lawn can help fix dead spots and creating grass that is lush and beautiful for the upcoming spring season.
- Fall Fertilizing – A special fall fertilizer keeps the lawn healthy during the autumn months so that it has the nutrients it needs to get through the winter.
Hire the professionals at Pugh’s Earthworks and trust us to help you take care of your commercial lawn throughout the fall season. Contact us now to get started on our monthly commercial lawn maintenance services.
Pugh’s Earthworks provides commercial landscape design and maintenance services throughout Tennessee, including Memphis, Jackson, and Nashville. We have five commercial landscape service operations in three states, including landscapes and service lawns and landscaping in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our monthly services include landscape design and maintenance, customized to your needs, budget, and seasonal situation.
Pugh’s Earthworks offers an excellent quality assurance program. We are licensed and insured and stand behind all of the work that we perform with our quality assurance guarantee.
- Quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Quality is conformance to the customer’s requirements.
- We believe every job can be improved.
- Every idea is treated with the utmost respect.
- We realize that improvement must be an on-the-job process.
Since the inception of the company, the goal of Pugh’s Earthworks is to provide our customers, both internal and external, with services, which meet or exceed their expectations. The management team is committed to and expects all employees to recognize that one of the most important assets we possess, enabling us to achieve this goal, is our professional staff. We strongly encourage all of our people to take the pride of ownership in all the work they do. To this end we commit ourselves to strive in all we do for total customer satisfaction.
TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Management guarantees that ongoing support of these goals is our highest priority. We must never lose sight that customer satisfaction is a direct measure of our performance.
Working together as a team, making use of all our talents and expertise, we will accomplish our objective.
The Pugh’s Earthworks headquarters is located in Memphis, Tennessee. In addition we operate landscape offices in Nashville, Jackson TN, Southaven MS and Little Rock AR. Our firm provides monthly grounds maintenance services for commercial clients. If you are seeking assistance with Landscaping or Lawn Maintenance services, please give us a call or send us a message via the contact form below. We do offer FREE Estimates.
Also, we offer commercial landscape maintenance services for mowing, trimming, fertilizing, and irrigating your landscape. Additionally, we have a pest control service to ensure no pests ruin that beautiful commercial landscape design.
Contact us today to find out what we can do for your commercial landscape!
Phone: (866) 207-4734