Preparing your commercial lawn and surrounding areas for winter, including flower beds, trees, and shrubs, is a critical strategy for maintaining beautiful landscapes throughout the year. And, there’s a lot to get done in the fall season to prepare for that.
Plants and seedlings need to be mulched while lawns need to be cleared of all the falling leaves. Plus, with winds and the start of rain, there is debris that should be removed plus trees and shrubs have to be pruned to get rid of any dead wood. This is also the time to winterize your commercial irrigation system to protect it from the cold elements.
Here are some of the things you’ll need to do to keep your commercial lawn and surroundings looking beautiful throughout the season and into winter:
- Deadhead flowering plants because this will help keep them healthy.
- Remove all weeds and debris in the area regularly. This may be something that has to be done more frequently until the trees have shed all their leaves. Debris that also needs to be cleared includes branches and other items that get blown around during this season.
- Prune plants to create a tidy landscape and sense of order to your commercial surroundings. This also keeps the plants healthy so they are ready to re-grow in the spring season.
- Pull all weeds that tend to make your landscape look messy and block your flowers and ornamental plants from putting on a spectacular display.
- Regularly check for insect damage so that no infestations get out of control.
- Edge and trim grass areas and mow at a height that keeps it all looking consistent. This regular mowing throughout the fall season will also help strengthen the roots and provide a way for new growth in the spring.
Taking care of a commercial lawn and surroundings requires a lot of time, which you may not have. Yet, you want your office building, apartment complex, or other commercial structure to look pleasing to the eye as well as neat and tidy. After all, it reflects on your business and impacts those that visit or use these commercial areas on a daily basis.
Contact us now to get started with our commercial lawn service for the fall and every season!